Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ho Ho Ho - Happy Holidays


I went to my fav Xmas party Friday night. West Houston RWA has an annual pot luck and white elephant gift exchange. Returns and hilarious dud gifts are encouraged. This year, I reluctantly returned the reindeer antlers with lights. My entire family modeled those antlers for photos last year. My daughter Amber Rose may never forgive me - that's her in the above photo.

Since the year is almost over, I thought I'd post once more. 2008 has been a wild year with exciting writing news. First, I finaled and won several contests. But, the most exciting thing happened in October when three agents offered to represent me. I'm so elated to have signed with Lucienne Diver of the Knight Agency!

I'm no longer traveling for business. My last Euro trip in January 2008 was a great way to end it, though. I spent six days in Paris and visited Versailles, Notre Dame, and the Musee D'Orsay where the Impressionist paintings are located. I walked to the Eiffel Tower to see the lights at night, too. Then it was off to London where I took an out of city tour to Oxford, Stratford-Upon-Avon, and Warwick Castle. While I'm happy to give up my flying days, I saw some incredible monuments while traveling these last three years.

I am thankful in these difficult economic times to be employed and to have so many wonderful friends and family. May the magic romance fairies be with all of us in 2009.

No comments: